Madison-Grant Awarded $100,000 for 2014 Digital Learning Grant
We are excited to announce that Madison-Grant received one of the 20 IDOE Digital Learning Grants! This grant will be of great benefit to our students and staff. Below are two links that provide more specific information.
IDOE Digital Learning Grant
IDOE eLearning Pulse
The vision of our school district is to be the highest performing school corporation in Madison and Grant Counties by 2016. We will achieve our vision by attaining 90% + performance in reading, state testing, and graduation on rate. We will rank in the top 25% of Indiana school districts by 2020.
These goals, a few years ago would have seemed impossible to reach, but not anymore! Here are some examples of our recent improvements/accomplishments:
- Mrs. Wendy Smedley, Summitville Elementary Principal, named 2013 Region 6 IASP Elementary Principal of the Year.
- Mrs. Rebecca Monroe, Business Director for the MGUSC, won the Indiana School Business Officials Region 5 Treasurer of the Year for the 2008-2009 school year.
- Madison-Grant High School has the highest SAT Scores in Grant County for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Since the 2006-2007 school year, the Madison Grant United School Corporation has grown 12.8% in students passing both the English/Language Arts and Math throughout the entire corporation.
- During the 2012-2013 school year, 80.7% of the MGUSC students passed the English/Language Arts portion of the ISTEP test (13.8% growth since the 2006-2007 school year).
- During the 2012-2013 school year, 83.1% of the MGUSC students passed the Math portion of the ISTEP test (9% growth since the 2006-2007 school year).
- Summitville Elementary School consistently ranks in the top five schools in Madison and Grant Counties based on ISTEP scores.
- Summitville Elementary School – Top Growth Math School in Madison County in 2010.
- Park Elementary School – 9.9% growth in students passing both ISTEP tests in English/language arts and math for 2011 school year.
- Madison-Grant Junior High School experienced a 6.2% increase from the previous year in the overall pass rate of students completing both the English/language arts and math portions of the ISTEP assessments.
- Since the 2008-2009 school year, MGJHS has grown 16% in students passing both English/Language Arts and Math ISTEP assessments, compared to the state average increase of 9.3%.
- Since the 2008-2009 school year, MGJHS has grown 15.7% in students passing the math ISTEP assessments while, in comparison, the state average has increased by 9.7%.
- Since the 2008-2009 school year, MGJHS has grown 14% in English/language arts on the ISTEP while, in comparison, the state average has increased by 6.9%.
- Of all fourteen junior high/middle schools in Madison and Grant counties, Madison-Grant Junior High School ranked third overall in the percent of students passing both the English/language arts and math ISTEP assessments in 2013. MGJHS ranked number one in Grant county (out of six schools) and number three in Madison county (out of nine schools) in 2013.
- Of all 11 high schools in Madison and Grant Counties, Madison-Grant High School is the highest scoring high school (percent of students passing both English/language arts and math end of course assessments) in 2011.
- Madison-Grant High School’s graduation rate has increased 17.6% during the last 5 years (85% in 2011-12).
- Madison-Grant High School – nationally recognized art department.
- Madison-Grant High School – 2009 Girls State Softball Champions.
- Madison-Grant High School – 2010 and 2013 Girls Regional Volleyball Champions.
- Madison-Grant High School – girls volleyball five consecutive sectionals.
- Madison-Grant High School – Boys Football Sectional Champions in 2006 and 2008.
- Madison-Grant High School – boys baseball sectionals in 2012.
- Madison-Grant United School Corporation Board of Trustees named “Outstanding School Board” by the Indiana State School Board Association every year since 2007.
- Madison-Grant United School Corporation web site awarded the “Pure Gold Award” by The Real Estate Library.
- In February 2014, 34 Madison Grant Junior High and High School band students participated in the Indiana State School Music Association District Solo and Ensemble Contest at Eastbrook High School. Of the 34 students that participated in the contest, 88% (31 students) received a gold rating.
- Johnny Wilson Award winners from Madison Grant: Wes Gunning - 2011, Olivia Stroup - 2012.
- Rotary Club winners from Madison-Grant: Lauren Stanley - 2011, Olivia Stroup - 2012.
- High School volleyball team GPA for 1st quarter in 2013 was 3.83.
As you browse this website to learn more about our district, we invite you to take advantage of some of the great tools and information available. Stay current with the latest district news, keep track of school events, or find out about employment opportunities. Use the Quick Links in the sidebar on this page to quickly access information about everything from school menus to state-mandated testing, or visit our department pages to find information about some of the services our district provides. We hope you will bookmark this site and visit often!
Madison-Grant United School Corporation is tobacco free as of August 23, 2010. Tobacco in any form is prohibited in any Madison-Grant facility, vehicle, on any grounds, or at any school related event.